Sunday, March 1, 2009

While I Was Working

Metal drill chip and cherry/walnut edge curl .... Click to the photos to enlarge them

I have always wanted to do a little show of stuff that happens while I'm working ... Not of the stuff I make intentionally, but of the scraps and side effects and by-products of the stuff that I'm making. The unexpected interesting little visual bonuses . Will was planing some edge inlay Friday and handed me a little piece of the shavings that came off the hand plane and it made me think of that show concept again. Somewhere, I have a cardboard box of stuff I've saved, waiting for the show to happen, but today I couldn't find it .... In the meantime, I looked around a bit and there was plenty of items, accumulated over the years, decorations with a story .... Here are a couple of my images, but feel free to send me yours too and we'll see what happens. I think this could be interesting ... Thanks ...

Offcuts of tapered table legs and a bowl on the sawdust shed

The shape over the door of the finishing room is the plywood left after we cut two 32 x 64 1/2 circle mockup parts for a table we were building
The table mockup mentioned above
The bird on the porch ... more scraps from tapered bench legs ...
More to come ...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...